The question arises at the most insignificant times. Times I least expect it. I am walking in my own world with my daily tasks at hand, school, work, homework, church activities, and social life. I am driving to work, it's there. I am in the library, it's there. I am at a school basketball game and it's there. The question it follows me and sometimes I hate it more than anything. Why you ask? Because it reveals things that I do not want to be revealed. It shows my motives, what I want and why I want it. The question it seems like is almost whispered to me from God. It comes in the form of a statement from a co-worker, Professor, or friend. The sight of a homeless person triggers it. The harsh critical feedback given to me from those who do not understand my purpose brings it to the for front of my mind, and herin we find the Question.
Purpose.
What is my purpose?
Why am I in Springfield?
Sometimes I forget. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in my own world that i can go hours at a time without even remembering the very purpose of why I am in Springfield, at Baptist Bible college. I am here for one purpose.
The Glory of God.
Above all else I am her to further my obedient relationship with Him and to prepare myself academically and spiritually to lead others by the Holy spirit into a loving obedient relationship with him. And this is all not for the betterment of my life or the life's or others, or some sort of "security deposit" for the afterlife, but all for the Glory of him.
So I must ask myself, in the way i get prepared for my day in the morning glorify God? Does the way i drive to school glorify God? Does the way i take notes in pay attention in class and chapel Glorify God? Does the way I spend my money on food and entertainment glorify God? Does the way i spend my time with my friends and my interaction with them Glorify God. Do I glorify you in even the smallest things and attitudes that occur on a daily basis in my life father? I pray that it does.
Not to us Oh Lord, not to us, but to Your name give glory!
Psalm 115:1a

No comments:
Post a Comment